Â History of the Henderson County Boyd BBQ Expo
In 2010 the Boyd Family had a barbecue lunch. The idea was tossed around of having a small barbecue competition at the dealership. The Boyd Family has always been very community oriented so they decided to make this a fundraiser. What is a more deserving group than our schools and the students that they serve?
2010 saw the first â€œsmallâ€ gathering of 8500 people at the 1st Annual Henderson County Boyd BBQ Expo. 25 competition teams and over 100 exhibitors came to the Hendersonville High School Stadium for a beautiful day of fun and bbq.
Â Today the tradition continues. The 2013 Expo will bring back favorites like the The Circle C Racing Pigs, a petting zoo, mid-way rides, a police dog demonstration and much, much more.
Â Â This event is judged very similarly to KCBS standards on the traditional four meat categories.
Â To see the 2010 video as well as other great information about this event at www.facebook.com/BBQExpo
Â We look forward to having you join us as a sponsor or participant in this wonderful event.
Â The Henderson County Education Foundation
For more than two decades, HCEF has continued to maintain and add new programs and exciting events aimed at improving the educational experience for Henderson County students and citizens. Â HCEF manages various funds and annual programs that with your help can be replenished or expanded to enhance education in our community. Â This past year, HCEF contributed more than $100,000 in scholarships and provided numerous grants.
Henderson County Education Foundation By Laws
- To raise funds for local programs which promote educational enrichment experiences, vocational projects, a heritage learning center, a horticultural learning center, or assist special needs programs
- To supplement regular school programs provided for students at risk of dropping out of school
- To foster excellence in both students and teachers
- To increase business and community awareness of needs within county schools
- To oversee the bequests of property and funds
- To invest and manage all funds in a manner consistent with responsible investment practices
For more information see www.hcef.info